I just finished making my Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian (SKCK). It’s a long and uneasy process, which required me to go from one place, to another one, and another one, … and another one. Imagine getting through all the mess, just to request an issue of a piece of paper.
I had to finish some paperwork to get this SKCK. I’m already in a bad mood due to the difficulty of gathering the required documents, and then I have to go back and forth to some places just to get the bureaucracy done. I was pissed. I couldn’t take it anymore, so I called one of my neighbor and ask him for help. He knows his way around the normal system, and familiar with some “inside men”. But then, although I have asked for his assistance, I still have to gather the necessary documents.
If you want to make SKCK, here are the things you must provide:
1. A letter from your Rukun Tetangga (RT) and Rukun Warga (RW). Tips: Prepare some money. Give both of your RT and RW, about Rp 10.000, as a thank you note.
2. A letter from your Kantor Kelurahan. Tips: Be patient. Now, this one could take a long time to do. Dont forget to bring a copy of your KTP, KK (1 sheet) and some small change (at least Rp 10.000).
With these letters, now you can go straight to the police station. If you’re making SKCK to be Calon Pegawai Negeri Sipil (CPNS), you have to do it in POLRES. But, if you’re making it just to apply on some regular jobs, going to POLSEK is enough.
So, what should you bring to the police station?
1. Colored photograph 4×6 (3 photos).
2. A letter from Kantor Kelurahan.
3. A copy of your Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP).
4. A copy of your Kartu Keluarga (KK).
After you got them all, you’ll be handed two forms. Fill these forms, and add prints of your 10 fingers. Don’t forget to bring tissue to wipe the ink stains from our fingers afterward. And then, you have to wait again, until the chief of the police station signed your forms. Once again, I remind you, please be patient.
After they’re done, they’ll call you and give the SKCK. Don’t forget to pay them too (about Rp 20.000). After that make several copy of SKCK Document and legally again so you don’t have to go there again. Picture from here.
I hope you find this information useful. Don’t be confused next time if you want to request an SKCK!
2 Replies to “Requesting an SKCK”
good luck 😀
in m city we must spend 70.000 to got SKCK
Really? I hope our policy is getting better for next year.